Parks & Recreation
The Village of North Syracuse Parks & Recreation Department strives to provide quality recreational, educational and social programming for residents of all ages.
The department oversees 8 parks and a community center, making it one of the most extensive park systems for a village its size in the northeast. Each park displays its own individuality while still showcasing the area’s beauty.
Our office is open daily from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
Tony Burkinshaw, Director of Parks & Recreation
Don Radell, Senior Recreation Leader
We do plan to run the following programs:
2023 VNS Summer Day Camp – (Dates are Tentative) Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-3pm, July 3 – August 11 (NO 7/4). We plan to open online registration on May 1, 2023 for village residents and May 8, 2023 for non-village residents Please contact the parks office if you have any further questions.
Summer Concerts – Concerts held at Lonergan Park on Wednesday evenings. Tentative dates June 7, 2023 – August 9, 2023 from 6-8pm. A local band will perform under the gazebo, and there will also be a food vendor on-site. The concerts are free and open to the public. Bring a bag chair and a face mask. Go to the calendar dates for more details as we near the summer.
Zumba – involves dance and aerobic movements performed to energetic music. Meets in the upstairs room of the community center (700 South Bay Rd.) every Monday and Wednesday from 8:30-9:30am. Cost is $5/class for village residents and $6/class for non-residents. No need to pre-register; just show up.
Kennedy Pool – Operational hours to be 11am-7pm daily.
– Opens Father’s Day Weekend
– Closes late August (Dependent on Lifeguard availability)
Pool Pass Rates:
Village Residents: Free (With Valid Proof of Residency)
Non Village Single Person: $55 (Includes one Session of Swim Lessons)
Non Village Family Pass (Max 5 people): $125 (Includes one Session of Swim Lessons per person in family pass)
North Syracuse Seniors – Meet every Thursday at 10:30 A.M. at the North Syracuse Community Center. For more information on joining the group call 315-458-8050.
Click Here to view 2022 Calendar
We encourage all families that will be registering for programs to create their Community Pass Family accounts. Once a Family Account has been created, you will have the ability to register and pay online for programs offered by the Recreation Dept.
To create a family account and register for programs, follow the instructions below.
Once activated, you will also be ready to register yourself and your family members when an appropriate recreation program becomes available.
If you have any questions concerning account activation, registration or payments, please call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-458-8050
- Go to https://register.communitypass.net/reg/login.cfm?cuBOCv3V or by clicking the Community Pass Logo above.
- From the Village of North Syracuse Community Pass login homepage click on the “Create an Account” tab.
- On the next page complete the “Account Creation” fields and click on Create at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page you will see the Community Pass Privacy Statement. After reading, click ‘Accept.’ Then click ‘Finish.’
- Please save your login and password for future use.
- Go to https://register.communitypass.net/reg/login.cfm?cuBOCv3V to log back into the system.
- Log in using the permanent username and password for your account.
- Click the ‘Click Here to Register’ button.
- Select the applicable Catalog by clicking the ‘Continue’ button next to your choice.
- Verify email. Click ‘Continue’.
- Select the person registering, then ‘Continue’.
- Select the program (s) you wish to attend.
- When finished with selections, click ‘Continue’.
- Complete payment information.
Seasonal Programs & Events:
Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting
Easter Egg Hunt – Bunny Breakfast
Halloween Trunk or Treat
Earth Day Celebration
Driver’s Safety Courses
Memorial Day Parade
Summer Concert Series
Youth Summer Camp program
Summer Swim Lessons
Senior Citizen Bus Trips
Summer Water Polo
Summer Recreation Programs
Click here to view our summer program flyer and download the camp registration form and information here For questions, contact the parks office at (315)458-8050.
Click here for 2023 Summer Staff Application
Send Applications to the Parks Office – 600 South Bay Road, North Syracuse, NY 13212.
***DO NOT MAIL THE APPLICATION TO THE ONONDAGA COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL AS NOTED ON THE APPLICATION***
Breanna Burrows – Heritage Park Playground Director
Sierra Coleman – Lonergan Park Playground Director
David Campbell – Head Lifeguard
For more information or to inquire about renting the community center or a park pavilion, please contact us at (315)458-8050 Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.