The administrative office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and can be reached at 458-5670. If it is not an emergency, and you know the extension of the member you are interested in contacting, you may dial it at any time. In the event of an emergency, please dial 911 for assistance.
AGENCY MISSION AND VALUES
I. OUR MISSION
The mission of the North Syracuse Village Police Department is to work in partnership with the community, to protect life and property, solve neighborhood problems and enhance the quality of life in our village.
II. OUR VISION
The Village of North Syracuse Police Department’s vision is to provide effective and efficient police services to our citizens, in the most professional, polite and service-oriented manner possible by tailoring our operations to meet the needs and expectations of our community.
III. OUR VALUES
- We will maintain the highest level of integrity.
- We will be self critical and accountable for our commitments and results.
- We will treat all persons with compassion, respect and dignity.
- We will engage in open and honest communication.
- We will always seek to provide the highest quality of service.
- We will preserve and safeguard individual rights and liberties.
Traffic and Speeding Complaints: Please email your concerns to email@example.com Our Police Officers aggressively patrol the Village Streets – 24 hours a day, seven days a week without interruption.
Some answers to commonly asked questions:
Noise – Noise ordinance is in effect from 10pm – 7am. Unreasonable noise can be either verbal or mechanical which crosses property lines and annoys a person of reasonable sensibilities including but not limited to:Radios or bands, loud mufflers or engines, power equipment, loud parties, or barking dogs.
Dogs All dogs over 6 months old must be licensed. When not confined to house or yard, dogs must be leashed. Owners are responsible to clean up after pets. Owners are responsible to prevent nuisance barking.
- No all night parking on streets between 1am & 7am, November 15 – April 15.
- No All night parking in municipal parking lots.
- No parking within 15 feet of hydrants or stop signs.
TIP's Address North Syracuse Police welcomes your TIPs. A dedicated TIP email address has been created to provide members of the public a means to anonymously or otherwise notify the Police Department of pertinent information related to criminal or suspicious activity. The TIP email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact information is not required; however, if you wish to receive a phone call or email response from an officer, please leave a phone number or email address where you can be reached. The TIP address should not be used to report crimes in progress or emergency situations. If you witness an emergency situation, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
Civilian Fingerprinting Adult fingerprinting is offered to Village Residents only from 9am – noon on weekdays. If you need to be fingerprinted for employment or for another reason and the fingerprints must be ink-rolled, you may respond to the North Syracuse Police Department with the fingerprint card(s) you were given. Photo Identification and proof of residency are required. If you require electronic fingerprinting, you may contact MorphoTrust USA. Unfortunately, this service cannot be offered by the North Syracuse Police Department. MorphoTrust USA is currently processing fingerprints for the agencies below:
- New York Department of Health
- New York Department of State
- New York Liquor Authority / Alcoholic Beverage Control
- New York Office of Children and Family Services
- New York Department of Insurance
- New York Record Review
- New York Department of Motor Vehicles
- Various other state agencies
Pistol Permit Recertification If you have questions regarding Pistol Permit Recertification, please visit the following web site. https://safeact.ny.gov/pistol-permit-recertification