Parks & Recreation
The Village of North Syracuse Parks & Recreation Department strives to provide quality recreational, educational and social programming for residents of all ages.
The department oversees 8 parks and a community center, making it one of the most extensive park systems for a village its size in the northeast. Each park displays its own individuality while still showcasing the area’s beauty.
Our office is open daily from 8:30 am to 4pm.
Don Radell, Senior Recreation Leader
** Please note that due to COVID-19, our program offerings will be limited and we will not be publishing our usual Summer Program Flyer. We do plan to run the following programs:
Summer Day Camp – Mon.-Fri. 9:30am-3pm, July 6 – August 14. Registration is limited to past participants and a lottery system was used to select campers. You can contact the Parks Office to put your child on the wait list. We hope that guidelines will loosen in the coming weeks so that we can allow more children to join.
Summer Concerts – with the opening of Phase 4, we hope to be able to host 8 concerts at Lonergan Park on Wednesday evenings, July 8 – August 26 from 6-8pm. A local band will perform under the gazebo, and there will also be a food vendor on-site. The concerts are free and open to the public. Bring a bag chair and a face mask. Go to the calendar dates for more details.
Zumba – involves dance and aerobic movements performed to energetic music. Meets in the upstairs room of the community center (700 South Bay Rd.) every Monday and Wednesday from 8:30-9:30am. Cost is $5/class for village residents and $6/class for non-residents. No need to pre-register; just show up.
Kennedy Pool – tentatively scheduled to open on June 30. Operational hours to be 11am-7pm daily. Due to Covid-19, access to the pool will be limited to village residents only and approximately 25 people at a time. We will not be offering swimming lessons or daily adult swim hour this summer. Pool passes will not be made in advance at the parks office; bring proof of residency with you to the pool. Current guidelines require that face masks be worn when not in the water and that social distancing be adhered to. All patrons will have to pass a brief screening process before being admitted into the pool area.
We encourage all families that will be registering for programs to create their Community Pass Family accounts. Once a Family Account has been created, you will have the ability to register and pay online for programs offered by the Recreation Dept.
To create a family account and register for programs, follow the instructions below.
Once activated, you will also be ready to register yourself and your family members when an appropriate recreation program becomes available.
If you have any questions concerning account activation, registration or payments, please call or email: email@example.com or call 315-458-8050
- Go to https://register.communitypass.net/reg/login.cfm?cuBOCv3V or by clicking the Community Pass Logo above.
- From the Village of North Syracuse Community Pass login homepage click on the “Create an Account” tab.
- On the next page complete the “Account Creation” fields and click on Create at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page you will see the Community Pass Privacy Statement. After reading, click ‘Accept.’ Then click ‘Finish.’
- Please save your login and password for future use.
- Go to https://register.communitypass.net/reg/login.cfm?cuBOCv3V to log back into the system.
- Log in using the permanent username and password for your account.
- Click the ‘Click Here to Register’ button.
- Select the applicable Catalog by clicking the ‘Continue’ button next to your choice.
- Verify email. Click ‘Continue’.
- Select the person registering, then ‘Continue’.
- Select the program (s) you wish to attend.
- When finished with selections, click ‘Continue’.
- Complete payment information.
Seasonal Programs & Events:
Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting
Easter Egg Hunt – Bunny Breakfast
Earth Day Celebration
Driver’s Safety Courses
Summer Concert series
Youth Summer Camp program
Summer Swim Lessons
Senior Citizen bus trips
Happy Feet Soccer
Summer Water Polo
Summer Recreation Programs
Michael Brisson – Heritage Park Playground Director
Michael Ferguson – Lonergan Park Playground Director
David Campbell – Head Lifeguard
For more information or to inquire about renting the community center or a park pavilion, please contact us at (315)458-8050 Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.