This will be Facebook – Live Streamed
The following agenda is for the North Syracuse Board of Trustees meeting for Thursday, April 13th, 2023 to be held at 6:27 p.m. at the North Syracuse Comm. Ctr. The Mayor and Board of Trustees meet to discuss the business of the Village on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Room is limited to 65 people. Any departure from the schedule will be noted on the home page of our website. The meeting will be live streamed on the Village’s Facebook page.
5:30 PM – Work Session: Board of Trustees to discuss the FY 23/24 Budget MODEL 1 – BUDGET
- Call to order
- Pledge to the Flag
- Roll Call
Public Hearing #1 – 6:27 PM: Please take notice that a public hearing will be held by the Board of Trustees of the Village of North Syracuse regarding Local Law #2 of 2023, allowing for a property tax levy in excess of the limit established in General Municipal Law 3-C and will hear all persons in support of such matters, or any objections thereto.
Public Hearing #2 – 6:28 PM: Please take notice that a public hearing will be held by the Board of Trustees of the Village of North Syracuse regarding Local Law #3 of 2023 for the proposed changes to New York Law 6-628 of the NY Village Law relating to: No Civil Actions shall be maintained against the Village or Village Superintendent of highways for damages or injuries to person or property sustained by reason of any highway, street, sidewalk, crosswalk, or culvert being defective, out of repair, unsafe, dangerous, or obstructed unless written notice of such condition was given to the Village Clerk or Highway Superintendent, and they failed or neglected to remove the defect, danger or obstruction complained of within a reasonable time after giving such notice; and they will hear all persons in support of such matters, or any objections thereto.
Public Hearing #3 – 6:29 PM: Please take notice that a public hearing will be held by the Board of Trustees of the Village of North Syracuse regarding Local Law #4 of 2023 – Basketball hoops and their positioning in the right of way, and will hear all persons in support of such matters, or any objections thereto.
- Minute Approval – March 23rd, 2023
- Abstract Approval –
- Budget Transfer(s) –
- Informative: Federal Grant Submitted – Heman Dr.-Centerville Pl. Drainage – Not Awarded
- Recommended by the Committee: Resolution for the Engineering Component of the 2022 TAP Sidewalk Project
- Discuss/Approve the Local Law #2: Allowing for a property tax cap in excess of the 2%
- Discuss/Approve the Local Law #3: Modify NY Law 6-628: No Civil Action relating to defective, repair/roadways unless written notice was given to the Clerk/Highway Sup’t and neglected to remove the defect/danger/obstruction
- Discuss/Approve the Local Law #4: Proposing a New Section regarding Basketball Hoops/their positioning in the Right-of-Way
- Informative: Thursday, April 27th, 2023 at 4:29 PM – Public Hearing on the FY 23/24 Budget
- Set Arbor Day Observance: Friday, April 28th, 2023 at 4:00 PM
- Approve/Appoint the New Member to the N. Syr. Volunteer Fire Dept.- M. Lovetere
- Accept Elected/Appointed Officers for the Fire Dept.
- Review/Authorize the Mayor to sign the Lifetime Benefit HRA Agreement that administers the DPW members HRA card expenditures
- Discuss/Authorize the DPW Sup’t to attend the 2023 Highway Sup’t. Conference at Ithaca College
- Discuss FOIL Request denied and since the individual is appealing the denial – this needs to be discussed with the Board
- Citizens’ Voice (please limit your topic to 3 minutes or less)
- Attorney Report
- Engineer Report
- Department Heads Report
- Deputy Mayor and Trustees Reports
- Mayor’s Report
- Adjourn (to Exec. Session if necessary)
Unless otherwise specified, all items on tonight’s agenda are Type II actions for purposes of SEQR.