If you are unsure where to call for anything related to the Village of North Syracuse, contact the Village Clerk/Treasurer, Dianne Kufel, and she will do her best to get you the information needed.
If you are concerned about door-to-door salespeople, please call the Village Clerk/Treasurer to determine if those people have a valid permit. Always ask them to show their permit signed by the Village Clerk. Professional tree cutters also need a permit to do business in the Village. The permit ensures that they carry the required insurances.
Email: Clerktreasurer@northsyracuseny.org or (315) 458-0900 ext. 129.
Responsibilities of the Village Clerk/Treasurer's Office:
- Custodian of all village records, books, papers, and corporate seal
- Administrative support to the Mayor and Board of Trustees
- Record and maintain meeting minutes for all village boards meetings
- Maintain village records, written laws and ordinances
- Issue, record and maintain permits for vendors/peddlers/hawkers
- Issue, record and maintain licenses for tree services working in the village
- Respond to complaints and APPLICATION FOR PUBLIC ACCESS TO RECORDS
- Issue Bingo, Raffle, and Gaming Permits
- Administer Oath of Office to Elected Officials & Appointees
- Subregistrar for Death Certificates & Burial Permits
- Maintain all Village Bank Accounts – responsible for all Bond payments.
- Facilitate with the County for all Village elections.
- Facilitate the process/requirements for sealed bid openings.
- Maintain/Receive/Process and facilitate accident reports – Auto, Gen. Liab., Pub. Liab.
- Maintain roster of Village owned vehicles with proper insurance and surplus status.
- Prepare the Annual Financial Report as Chief Fiscal Officer
- Budget Officer working with Dept. Heads and Trustees through final adoption.
- Administer the investments of Village funds.
- Prepare/Analyze the monthly financial/annual financial status to the Village Board.
- Monitor cost effective bids/quotes for Gen. Liability/Work. Comp./Major Med. Ins.
- Administer/Maintain the Villages self-insured Dental Plan.
- Prepare/Present a Budget Presentation for the constituents relating to the tax levy.
For information on the MS-4 and SWMP please click HERE.
Deputy Village Clerk-Treasurer is Diane Ilacqua and her responsibilites are as follows:
- Purchasing of office related supplies/products
- Processing of in-house payroll program involving (3) different bargaining units and (1) non-bargaining department.
- Responsible for the timely filing of all associated taxes, retirement forms, civil service procedures, W-2's.
- Processing of Village Accounts Payable, utilizing an in-house software program.
- Responsible for the compilation of insurance, hold harmless agreements, 1099's and W-9's relating to specific entities.
- Responsible for all Human Resource functions relating to "hire-on" packages and policies.
- Safety Coordinator – Quarterly Safety Meetings and Minutes.
- Responsible for the issuance of permits for Peddlers and Solicitors.
- Signer for Death Certificates and Burial Permits.
- Official signatory for the Village.
- Assist the Village Clerk/Treasurer with other duties as assigned.
- To contact the Assistant to the Clerk Treasurer please call (315)458-0900 ext. 124 or email her email@example.com