If you are unsure where to call for anything related to the Village of North Syracuse, contact the Village Clerk/Treasurer, Dianne Kufel, and she will do her best to get you the information needed.
If you are concerned about door-to-door salespeople, please call the Village Clerk/Treasurer to determine if those people have a valid permit. Always ask them to show their permit signed by the Village Clerk. Professional tree cutters also need a permit to do business in the Village. The permit ensures that they carry the required insurances.
To view the FY 18-19 Village Budget, click here.
Email: Clerktreasurer@northsyracuseny.org or (315) 458-0900 ext. 129.
The Village Tax Levy is established and the Budget is adopted by the Village Officials in April. Any questions regarding your Village Tax Bill, please contact Dianne Kufel at (315) 458-0900 Ext. 129. The tax collection for the Village taxes is handled through your designated Town Office (Clay – JoDee Kelly (315) 652-3800 or Cicero – Nicole Walsh (315) 699-2756).
Responsibilities of the Village Clerk/Treasurer’s Office:
- Custodian of all village records, books, papers, and corporate seal
- Administrative support to the Mayor and Board of Trustees
- Record and maintain meeting minutes for all village boards meetings
- Maintain village records, written laws and ordinances
- Issue, record and maintain permits for vendors/peddlers/hawkers
- Issue, record and maintain licenses for tree services working in the village
- Respond to complaints and APPLICATION FOR PUBLIC ACCESS TO RECORDS
- Issue Bingo, Raffle, and Gaming Permits
- Administer Oath of Office to Elected Officials & Appointees
- Subregistrar for Death Certificates & Burial Permits
- Maintain all Village Bank Accounts – responsible for all Bond payments.
- Facilitate with the County for all Village elections.
- Facilitate the process/requirements for sealed bid openings.
- Maintain/Receive/Process and facilitate accident reports – Auto, Gen. Liab., Pub. Liab.
- Maintain roster of Village owned vehicles with proper insurance and surplus status.
- Prepare the Annual Financial Report as Chief Fiscal Officer
- Budget Officer working with Dept. Heads and Trustees through final adoption.
- Administer the investments of Village funds.
- Prepare/Analyze the monthly financial/annual financial status to the Village Board.
- Monitor cost effective bids/quotes for Gen. Liability/Work. Comp./Major Med. Ins.
- Administer/Maintain the Villages self-insured Dental Plan.
- Prepare/Present a Budget Presentation for the constituents relating to the tax levy.
For information on the MS-4 and SWMP please click HERE.
Deputy Village Clerk-Treasurer is Diane Ilacqua and her responsibilites are as follows:
- Purchasing of office related supplies/products
- Processing of in-house payroll program involving (3) different bargaining units and (1) non-bargaining department.
- Responsible for the timely filing of all associated taxes, retirement forms, civil service procedures, W-2’s.
- Processing of Village Accounts Payable, utilizing an in-house software program.
- Responsible for the compilation of insurance, hold harmless agreements, 1099’s and W-9’s relating to specific entities.
- Responsible for all Human Resource functions relating to “hire-on” packages and policies.
- Safety Coordinator – Quarterly Safety Meetings and Minutes.
- Responsible for the issuance of permits for Peddlers and Solicitors.
- Signer for Death Certificates and Burial Permits.
- Official signatory for the Village.
- Assist the Village Clerk/Treasurer with other duties as assigned.
- To contact the Assistant to the Clerk Treasurer please call (315)458-0900 ext. 124 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org