DPW Services & Links
The Village D.P.W. perform many services. Some of the most important services are listed below with a brief description.
To view service information on Trash, Recyclables, and E-waste – click HERE.
- Department owned equipment is serviced and maintained by D.P.W. employees at the North Syracuse D.P.W. Garage. Major repairs are done by private vendors.
Street and Sidewalk Repair
- A total of 26 miles of village roads and 8 miles of sidewalk are maintained by D.P.W. employees. Newest addition… ¼ mile of sidewalks on Chestnut Street from Tolbert Dr. to Heritage Park
- D.P.W. employees maintain (7) parks within the village. Mowing trimming and repairing buildings, pool or play equipment.
Sanitary Sewer Maintenance
- D.P.W employees flush the sanitary sewers periodically or clean them as needed.
- One employee is on 24 hr. emergency call seven days per week to assist homeowners with sewer backups.
- Call (315) 857-3551 for 24 hr. assistance.
Storm Drain Maintenance
- Approximately 539 catch basins are maintained by D.P.W. employees within the village. The D.P.W. uses a vacuum/ high pressure water truck to clean out the catch basins and pipes.Please do not pour anything into the catch basins i.e. oils fuels or chemicals. Remember that the water makes its way back to the lakes. Only rain water is allowed in the storm drain system MS4 phase II report is available at the Village Hall.
- A total of 26 miles of village roads and 8 miles of sidewalks are maintained during the winter months.
- During the winter months we ask that village residents remove the portable basketball hoops from the edge of the road and refrain from shoveling snow or plowing snow onto or across the roadway as this is violation of Village Code. Snow that is deposited on the roadway will freeze, thus causing ice conditions making it unsafe for motorists and pedestrians.
- Remember that the overnight parking ban is in place from November 15th to April 15th 1 AM to 6 AM.
- Street Sweeping usually begins in April as soon as the snow is off the road.
- D.P.W. employees maintain the Village Hall, D.P.W. Garage, and Community Center.
Street Light Outage Procedure
- For street light problems please call National grid at 1-800-867-5222 or click on the link below.
Onondaga County Water Authority
- For any domestic water questions please call 455-7061 Or click on the link http://www.ocwa.org/
HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN
- The Village of North Syracuse joined forces with Onondaga County to create multi agency Hazard Mitigation Plan. Please click on this link to see how we are planning for any future Natural Hazards.http://www.ongov.net/planning/haz.html